Canvas printing has become more affordable to the general public and that’s why many people opt for (re)decorating interior walls using their favorite images printed on this fabric. Almost any image can be printed on canvas and hung on the wall. The experts from OpenPrints gave us some important tips on picking and ordering canvas prints.
1. Always start with the great quality photographs. Pick as high resolution as possible and make sure the photo you’ve chosen is sharp and reflects true color.
2. Post-processing is sometimes necessary. Many companies provide post-processing service in order to enhance the beauty and the quality of your photos. If you’re an amateur or a professional photographer, you shouldn’t rely on their post-processing services, but rather do this yourself. Why? Who knows the vision of your photo better than you do? Do the post-processing before ordering a print.
3. Position your photo with care. Check whether your photo aligns, in particular if you’re creating gallery wraps. Basically, gallery wraps are available in different styles: border color, image wrap and mirror image, so make sure you choose the one that matches your vision.
4. Keep in mind that there will be some color difference. Prints do have a slightly different color tone, so balance that out by adjusting the original photo. Check whether your monitor is calibrated to the right tones and colors.
5. Preview is crucial. Before final order, make sure you previewed the image. This is the only way to save yourself from flushing your money down the drain and feeling unsatisfied by the final result.
Photos printed on canvas are so beautiful and attractive and they can brighten up any room regardless its size. The texture of the canvas is rather different from a common photo paper, thus it pulls the attention of anyone to the print. So, pay attention to above-mentioned tips for the breathtaking results!